HIV / AIDS Programme Additional Healthcare Service
As a member of the Nammed medical aid fund*, you are eligible to receive the support and care offered by our HIV/ AIDS Programme. It is customised to suit your individual needs and is managed with complete privacy and confidentiality via our Managed Care Department.
- Treatment tailored to your needs
- Full access to a medical facility during the time of related illness
- Approval of all HIV/AIDS medications
- Approval of all additional supporting medication such as vitamins and antibiotics
- Related pathology or blood tests paid from available day-to-day benefit
As a Nammed member, you are important to us, and we will do what it takes to help keep you fit, healthy, and in a state of optimal wellbeing.
Join the Nammed’s medical aid fund HIV/AIDS Programme today to strive for a healthier future.
*Please note that the Trauma Option does not offer day-to-day benefits and therefore does not include the HIV/AIDS Programme benefit. Basic option HIV/AIDS benefit differs from above.
**Post-Exposure Prophylaxis will automatically pay from your wellness benefit for the period of one month’s supply.
- Beginning Employment.
- Low - Medium Income,
- Low Health needs,
- For unexpected medical needs.
- Seek value rather than cheapest option.
- Need cover for expected medical needs for the young family..
- Middle to High income levels,
- Medical Aid is a routine monthly expense,
- stable health needs,
- Moving towards retirement,
- Health risks and prevalence of chronic diseases increasing,
- Members approaching or in retirement,
- Increased prevelance of chronic diseases,
- Greater importance of extent of cover for major medical events like knee & hip replacements.