Vol 28 Issue 3
Mon, 3 Dec 2018
- Message from the Principal Officer;
- New Board of Trustees;
- Committee Members;
- Other points of discussion ;
1. Message from the Principal Officer.
The Nammed Annual General Members Meeting was held on the 14 June 2018 and I am pleased to confirm that the Fund ended the 2017 financial year with a positive financial result. The Fund continued to improve its position above the five year objectives set by the Board of Trustees. For the 2017 financial year the Fund ended the period with a surplus of N$ 25.2m of which N$7.5m was generated by investment income.
Please find more here.
- Beginning Employment.
- Low - Medium Income,
- Low Health needs,
- For unexpected medical needs.
- Seek value rather than cheapest option.
- Need cover for expected medical needs for the young family..
- Middle to High income levels,
- Medical Aid is a routine monthly expense,
- stable health needs,
- Moving towards retirement,
- Health risks and prevalence of chronic diseases increasing,
- Members approaching or in retirement,
- Increased prevelance of chronic diseases,
- Greater importance of extent of cover for major medical events like knee & hip replacements.